HousingMatch.org is a private online community by agency referral only. The database is accessed by case managers from agencies all over the state who help to connect people in the network. Agencies will run background checks and assess prospective members’ eligibility for the network. They help with rental agreements and crafting house rules, and they provide ongoing supports to ensure that the arrangement is a good match.
Roommates are prescreened before posting ads and agree to share their background checks with each other.
Two ways to join:
1) Sign Up with HousingMatch.org
• Get two background check reports.
• Upload your CORI report for HousingMatch.org to review.
• Post an ad and activate your account upon approval.
2) Sign Up with a Participating Agency
• Contact a Participating Agency listed on this site.
• Make an appointment in person to submit an application.
• Post an Ad and activate your account.
Signup with HousingMatch.org to list a rental property you own or manage. If you are looking for a roommate and are renting a room in your home, sign up on “For Roommates”.
Attach one of the following documents:
Agency Member Accounts are for case managers and housing advocates who refer roommates and landlords to HousingMatch.org.